Ottawa’s Most Convenient Swimming Lesson Provider!
Red Cross Swimming Lessons | Mobile Lifeguarding | Mermaid & Pirate Birthday Parties | Much More …
Registration is Always Open Online
Book today and become a stronger & safer swimmer tomorrow!
Many of our services can be easily booked through our online booking system.
Booking is currently available for lessons from now until end of August 2021.
Click Here to Review our COVID-19 Precautions & Procedures for Indoor Services
We are confident that given the nature of our indoor instruction, we can make our clients and our instructors comfortable. There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools as proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) should inactivate the virus in the water. To ensure that our instructors and our students remain healthy and safe during indoor lessons, we are taking the following precautions:
- There is a maximum of two lessons happening simultaneously in the pool at a time (private / semi-private). We have added 15 minutes between all lessons to help ensure that we only have two families in the main area of our facility at a time. Clients are asked to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before their lesson and to leave the facility within 10 minutes of their lesson finishing.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the main entrance (as well as at various places throughout the facility). Clients must use hand sanitizer upon arriving. We also require all clients and staff to wear face masks while inside our facilities (with the exception of on the pool deck and in the pool).
- Our booking system sends clients a COVID safety checklist six hours before upcoming appointments. If a client needs to cancel / reschedule a lesson for any reason, they can do so free of charge as long as 4 hours notice is provided. If less than 4 hours notice is provided, lessons can be rescheduled but there will be $20 + HST rescheduling fee.
- We have hired Operation Assistants to help ensure that our facilities stay perfectly clean and that clients follow the COVID precautions. This includes; cleaning our private change rooms between each client, disinfecting high-traffic surfaces and touch-points, sanitizing pool equipment and toys between uses, greeting clients and asking them our COVID screening questions, and much more.
- If your child can not swim independently, your instructor will be comfortable teaching them hands-on without a parent in the pool. Alternatively, if a parent prefers to act as the instructor’s arms, your instructor can run the lesson as a parented class (therefore not being in contact with the child). Only one parent can come in the water per lesson (regardless of whether it is a private or semi-private lesson).
Our Indoor Pools
We invite you to book a lesson at our Trainyards Indoor, Stittsville Indoor or our Nepean Indoor facility and experience the Hippo difference.
Warm salt-water pools, private change-rooms, comfortable seating areas, unlimited 4 hour rescheduling for lessons, and so much more.
Your Backyard Pool
Learn to swim in the comfort of your own pool with our insured & certified swim instructors and lifeguards who can travel to all areas of Ottawa during the summer months to provide our convenient services.
“We LOVE hippos in the bathtub! I have 3 children and scheduling swim lessons through the city at around the same time is near impossible. With hippos in the bathtub the kids’ lessons are always together. No waiting around for hours or going back on different days and no fighting for a change room! It’s just SO convenient. The kids also progress way faster. My 6 and 4 year olds swim without any floaters or vests! My 3 year old wears a puddle jumper and is happy to kick around the pool by herself, put her face in the water and even jump off the diving board.”
– Patricia Griffin
“Highly recommended. The instructors are amazing and they do a tremendous job in every single lesson. We had Melissa and I was amazed how she tailored her coaching style to match my child’s needs. The booking system is gold and you can cancel a class easily. I find the staff very responsive.”
– Rachna Goswami
“My two children absolutely love their hippo swimming lessons. So much so that’s they constantly ask when their next one is. I love that they are happy and are becoming more confident and competent as a result so it’s a winner all around. Love the flexibility of booking too.”
– Debbie Howe
“We have had the wonderful team at Hippo in the Bathtub in our home for backyard swimming lessons for four summers and counting. I absolutely love working with Natalya to organize our large group lessons and have always been impressed by the professionalism and courtesy. It’s been so nice to watch this company grow!!”
– Alicia Brett
“My children have thoroughly enjoyed their backyard swim lessons this summer with Caroline. They have learned so much and in my mind this is one of the most important investments parents can make. The quality of the lessons don’t compare to any other lessons we’ve had. It’s Hippo in the Bathtub from here on in for all our swimming lessons in this family! Thank you Caroline and thank you Hippo in the Bathtub!”
– Noelle Georganas
“Natalya, you and your staff are simply the best! We have been amazed by our daughter’s progress since starting with Hippo in the Bathtub! We look forward to her weekly sessions at your indoor location and are also very much looking forward to sessions in our backyard again this summer!”
– Kim Bonin
“We had a mermaid party for my daughters 6th birthday and she and her friends had a blast. The instructors were extremely nice and the kids loved it. I will be booking lessons in the future. Thanks so much!!”
– Heidi Moore
“My daughter came into lessons being very apprehensive about the whole thing but Melissa has made her experience amazing! She looks forward to her weekly lessons and is learning so much! Great facility and instructors!”
– Erin Veitch Gabal
“Hippo in the Bathtub is great because it provides swimming lessons in an intimate environment, while providing flexibility in the timing or rescheduling of lessons. They also have great staff who have helped our daughter navigate her fear of water. Thank you Hippo in the Bathtub!”
– Liz Toller
“We have had a wonderful experience at the Trainyards location with Sarah! Our toddler is nervous in the water, and after a few classes is so excited to get into the pool! The waiting area is also a big bonus, with so many things for our toddler to play with while she waits for her class.”
– Jessica Natalie
“I loved Hippo in the Bathtub! My daughter had a very fun 7th birthday party there and she and her friends had a blast! We went with the pirate theme and the decor and games were right on the mark. Natalya and her team were great with the kids… and the parents. I highly recommend HIppo in the Bathtub for your next children’s birthday party.”
– Marisa Fusaro
“My two sons have been attending private lessons and love it. They look forward to their weekly swim and are progressing nicely. The instructors are wonderful and encouraging helping them through any fears they have.”
– Brandie Adams
Worth every penny!
“My 6 yr old daughter had a terrible experience with lessons through the city and refused to go to swimming lessons again. I convinced her to try private lessons and the guidance that she’s been receiving at the Trainyards location from Neha these past weeks has been great! My girl is now excited to go to her swimming lessons and is starting to warm up to the idea of putting her face in the water. We couldn’t be happier. Another plus is that they have some bilingual staff, which is very important because my girl mostly understands French. I highly recommend, worth every penny!”
– Maxine Croteau
Meet the Boss Hippo!
Over ten years ago, Natalya Kwiatkowski started her career as a swim instructor at a public pool. It became obvious to her that group lessons often did not match the learning abilities of her students. Natalya decided that many children would benefit from private swimming lessons that were tailored to the child’s learning style so that they could more quickly achieve confidence as a swimmer.
For this reason, at the age of 18, Natalya started Hippo in the Bathtub. Through the company, she strives to ensure that convenient and quality swim instruction is available to everyone in Ottawa!